Social Media Advertising Facts:
- In 2013, 52% of marketers found customers through Facebook, and 43% found customers through LinkedIn.
- Studies show that over the next 5 years B2B companies will double their social marketing budgets.
- 70% of the Fortune 500 companies have Facebook pages, including nine of the top 10 companies.
- 78% of small businesses attract new customers through social media.
As you see, social media is one of the strongest advertising tools one has today. After all, it reaches people around the globe and builds your customer base exponentially. And, unlike print ads that may never be picked up by your intended buyer, social media ads can be customized by age, interests and other demographics so that you can be sure that your message is sent to the people intended. However, for some, the jury is still out on whether or not social media advertising (aka marketing) is the way to go. So, if you are uncertain if social media advertising is the choice for you, consider these pros and cons.
- Social media marketing is good for customer service. Since people who use social media are typically on their various platform pages often, companies that take advantage of social media marketing have more opportunities to interact with customers and future customers.
- Social media platforms give your customer base a place to voice their thoughts on your products/services, which means you are able to respond – preferably sooner rather than later.
- Social media advertising is much faster than print. With social media, you can quickly and easily get the word out about a flash sale or special BOGO. You can also even synchronize your various platforms to send the same message(s) at the same times.
- Social media advertising has a worldwide reach. In fact, 92% of social media marketers report that social media advertising has resulted in their having more exposure.
- Social media advertising costs much less than traditional media advertising.
- Social media advertising can be time consuming—especially if you are new to the platform; this when hiring a professional to handle your social media marketing is a plus!
- Social media advertising attracts all types of users, so you will have to deal with the excited, pleased consumer as well as the scammers, spammers and just plain negative attitudes.
- Social media advertising can cause you to lose control, especially if your campaign goes viral. Yes, this wildfire can be good and bring in more business, but it also means it can be difficult to keep up with everything –from comments (good or bad) to simple supply and demand.
Social media advertising, like anything, has its pros and cons. But fortunately, the positives outweigh the negatives. If you are considering a social media advertising campaign, but are not sure where to begin, don’t stress. Contact the team at ClickReady Marketing. We will be happy to help you create a campaign that will fit your time, budget and needs.